Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 29th, 2019: Week 6


I hope everyone's had an amazing week! Mine has been pretty good. Lots of things to do and so little time to do it all. But I'm managing pretty well. It helps when you have a wonderful companion to help you through it all. Hopefully I can remember everything that has happened.

Tuesday was pretty cool. We had lots of things that happened that day. We did service at a senior center here, where we help with whatever odd jobs they need us to do and typically we will serve them their food. Afterwards, they will also give us food for helping them out. It's a great way to serve and we get to talk to lots of people. On that day, we sat down next to this one lady, whom Sister Nelson felt prompted to sit by. She didn't tell me till after, but Sister Nelson was nervous to do so, because this lady had been pretty rude to the missionaries before. But we sat by her anyway, and it was a good thing we did. She was going through a hard time, as her son was in the ER and going to have surgery soon. She was pretty upset about it and was glad that we were there to comfort her. 

We are also doing service by crocheting for this prayer shawl service. I am slowly learning, but I will get there eventually. It's a pretty interesting experience, as we do it with this Baptist lady, who's super nice, and we just talk to her about whatever. This last time, we talked about beliefs, as Sister Nelson and I asked her what the Baptists believed. It was pretty interesting as she told us and she would compare it to what she knew about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Apparently, she thought we were still practicing polygamy. We were happy to tell her that we no longer do that.

Later, we went to visit people and go finding. Our appointments fell through, which was sad. One of the people who are trying to teach keeps forgetting that we are coming by and will already have something else that she has to do. It's pretty frustrating. The other person wasn't home, but that is okay. When we went finding, we got two new people to teach/visit!

That night, we taught Kadie and Presley, the two little girls. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and committed them to baptism! Ah, it is so great to be a missionary! They are so cute and they are warming up to us, sisters.

Wednesday was also pretty good. We had district council, which was fine. I don't know why but other missionaries intimidated me.  Our maybe it is just the elders. Who knows. We then visited Sister Spoon, who was having a rough day. We hope she will realize that she can get peace in her life and feel the Spirit wherever she is. We're also did some finding and got one more new person! Then we had dinner with the Hobbs in our ward, who are fairly recent converts. I got to hear their story about the missionaries, as one by one, each person in their family got baptized. They are going to Utah next month to be sealed! Ah, happy times.

Not much happened on Thursday. It's our daily planning day, so we spend a lot of our time doing that, along with online training. But we did meet with a less active couple, the Rogers, and then had dinner with the Holders and got to share a spiritual message with them. It's actually pretty funny what happened with that. We were eating dinner with them and we had a Book of Mormon study later. So we were talking with the family and about how we had our study later. They asked what time it was at 7. One of the daughters looks at her watch and says it was 7:15. Sister Nelson and I were worried, as we were still a good 15 minutes away from the church, if not more. So we hurried out of there, said our goodbyes, and started driving away. However, we got a text from one of our regular attendees, saying that he wasn't going to make it. We already knew that the other person was going to show up, as she had told us earlier that week, and no one else texted us, wondering where we were. So we were pretty sure that no one was there. So what do? We decide to turn around and go back to the Holders and share a spiritual message with them. That was a fun experience.

Friday was probably the most stressful day of my mission. We went on exchanges here on Greenwood and I was having to lead the area out. I realized how much I love my companion and how happy I am that I still have many weeks left of my training. I'm happy that the next time we do exchanges, I won't be leading it out.

Saturday was pretty good. Not much you report, as it was a more service oriented day. Sunday was kind of the same, but more study wise. Sister Nelson also had a bad headache that day, so I had to make her take a nap. But I got to meet one of the families we are trying to teach and they are so wonderful. I love them so much!

Welp, that's about all I gots to say. I've learned so much while I've been out here and I am so grateful that I get to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment